Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bringing the Noise

As new parents, there is no better feeling in the world than when your little parcel of joy finally goes down for a nap so other chores can get done around the place or we can just relax for an hour or so. I think my most weighted anxiety now is not knowing what to do with little Ivan when he is awake but instead keeping the outside disturbances to a minimum when he is in the middle of catching fourty winks. Castro the cat, as lovely as he is, is an enormous pain in my side when in comes to keeping noise levels low. Ever since Ivan came to live with us the cat has been extremely patient with the screaming and the lack of attention we give him when tending to the needs of our infant. I can only reason that because the baby makes loud screechs at times, Castro thinks it appropriate to meow like he’s trapped in a wall of a condemned building when the baby is asleep, consequently waking the baby and asking for a skinning, as far as I’m concerned. It’s like I have two babies. As I was writing this entry, he busted free from his leash to chase another cat off our property. We might just end up giving him the freedom to roam during the days, that’s if he comes back. Arhg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your remarks.