Friday, May 22, 2009

News Reel vol. 4

I can’t believe it’s Friday already and I haven’t posted my two blog entries of the week.
Ivan is officially past the newborn stage at three months. He weighs fourteen pounds, six ounces. He likes to kick his legs in a coordinated fashion and both grabs at things and lets go too. Letting go apparently comes later but he’s got that down pat. “Please let go of Mummy’s hair” and after a few reminders he eventually gives me my hair back.
The major breakthrough is that he is breast feeding now and has done for the last two weeks. This is a huge deal for me as I can now accept visitors without having to disappear into the nursery for fifteen minutes every three hours to produce more food for the baby. I think he finally caught on from watching me on the machine for three months. He is so adorable with his pouts when I give him the bottle as an alternate. He definitely prefers the closeness of breastfeeding and rolls over to give me his toothless smile after his meal. Wow. I never thought I could love another person as much as I do John but my two boys mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your remarks.