Monday, August 10, 2009

Yawn, second take

I have been remiss on posting as of late because I am so darn tired. We’ve officially hit the wall with respect to getting sleep while looking after Ivan through out the night. John is wiped, I’m grumpy and Ivan is overtired all because he has spent the last month sleeping for short three hour long naps over the span of an evening and as dawn breaks those naps turn into twenty minute interludes between him calling us into his nursery. We’ve made it a priority to teach him how to learn the difference between the sun and the moon. Many veteran mums would tell me, implement a routine: massage, bath, story, bottle, bed. But we’re not really a pair of people who adhere to structure so we dismissed it. Well, guess what? We’re now on board. The sooner Ivan learns the cues of beddy byes, the better we will all be mentally. This should be an interesting experiment seeing as both sets of grand parents are coming to visit us for the next month. We hope everyone can be patient with the little guy, as he is just that, a little guy, new to the world, learning new things daily, beginning to come into his own personality.

1 comment:

  1. Nessy and I were not big on structure either, but that changed. We certainly believe that establishing a routine has helped Felicity sleep better.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your remarks.