
I’m a lucky gal to have my dearest and closest friend work from home with her two children while I am on maternity leave. Heather and I see one another once a week for walks, share meals and many laughs. Recently we’ve discovered that Ivan’s car seat fits in between Jack and Sarah’s seats so we can go on short road trips together. Last week we took the brood to our friend’s father’s estate for a swim. This was the first time Ivan’s been in a private pool. He seemed to enjoy the salt water and relaxed against me as we bobbed around together. He handles new experiences well, as long mum or dad is nearby.
Ever since I signed on to join the mummy club in June, we’ve been introduced to a world of possibilities on gatherings. Being on the list of these mummy groups can be likened to a dating service where your own details are listed and others can look you up to decide if they want to meet you. Details such as, when your baby was born, which part of town you live in, what your interests are, and photos of you and your little charge. Ladies have a look at your profile then email you, typically complimenting you on the cuteness of your baby and then ask you to meet them for a coffee or what-not. I’ve been emailed a lot however I have yet to instigate a relationship. These mother’s are very friendly and I welcome the sentiment some days, but most days we have our routine and deviating from said routine happens only occasionally. Baby steps. Personally, my favourite type of ‘meet-up’ is neighbourhood strolls, exchanging stories and all the while exercising. There are two new mummy girlfriends that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and we meet regularly in the park. Time passes quickly as we power walk for an hour and a half, checking out the gardens of others, humouring one another, and flashing back smiles to all those retired elderly folk who love babies, as our loved ones take the time to nap on the run. It’s fun. I’m having fun at this.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We welcome your remarks.