Friday, July 10, 2009

News Reel vol. 6


This sounds trivial to most but I’m so tickled that Ivan is holding onto his feet these days. I think it’s a wonderful thing of how he is becoming more in touch with his body. It seems he wants nothing more than to become more mobile, flipping onto his front any chance he can get to see the world from a different angle, experimenting with is own guttural sound effects, or laughing like he’s at a party when the host said something extremely funny. We really have to keep our eyes on him at all times because he’ll shift his body around quickly and sometimes he ends up in a bit of a pickle: yesterday I placed him in his crib momentarily while I brushed my teeth and when I returned I found him sideways pushing his legs into the bumper, squishing his noggin!
We are finding more activities to do as a mother/son team during the day. I recently joined a mummy group, opening up a world of possibilities of fun and adventure. Next week I’m entertaining the idea of taking him to a public wading pool, as he is a water baby under the horoscope Pieces, and splashes around in the bathtub, kicking his feet, banging the surface with his arms and grinning. Today we walked down to the Ontario Early Years Center to sign on as members so that we can attend “Baby and Me” classes every Monday. Next Monday features a health care provider presenting on proper nutrition for babies. As he is hitting milestones before the books say he will, we have a hunch he could start on solid foods before the age of six months. Being the consummate planner I am, I’d like to have nourishing portions of food prepared for him well in advance of this transition.
Summer weather has been hot when the sun appears so I’ve taken to front carrying him outside with an umbrella shade to protect our fair skinned, blue eyed mister. The pediatrician mentioned that it was important to bring him out into the fresh air whenever possible. Fine by me - it’s a shame we’re not at the point yet where I can have him outside while I work on my other favourite passion: gardening. Ivan trumps the weeds. They’ll be there when I can get to them and they’ll be bigger so I can pull them with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your remarks.