Monday, June 8, 2009

Montreal, June '09


Last week Ivan’s dance card was full. On Thursday I went to my office to do the new baby show and shine where fourty people poked at him and marveled. He lasted a good hour and when the President of the company adjourned his meeting for an introduction to the wee man, Ivan yelled in his face. I’m sure he didn’t take it personally. Ivan sure did though. I walked off his tantrum to the Ottawa Byward market to meet John at his job and more curious people in Ivan’s space turned him from white to red in seconds flat. Tried everything to calm him down but he won the war of attrition. Took him home for a relaxing bath then the next day we shuttled him off to Montreal for the weekend. He was pretty miserable while we stayed with our artist friends Eliza and Reuel, but they were well rested and his manner didn’t seem to faze them in the least. Ivan took a few breaks from wailing but generally he fussed his way through the Plateau of Montreal, normally people eat their way through the pastry shops in this little piece of Paris but he was happy crying. Turns out our little miracle is teething. Despite this misfortune, John and I had a very cool vacation with some extremely cool old friends, listened to records, checked out their vast art collection, ate gourmand style meals and enjoyed the picnicking park lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your remarks.