Ivan I love you so much.
Our four weeks together has come to an end and it was the happiest time of my life. You've developed so much since our trip to BC. Your budding personality is both devilish and fun. You're fascination with your surroundings and a drive to figure things out is as educational for you as it is me. Your hunger for all things 'food' as well as things that aren't.
It makes me so sad to think that tomorrow I will be back at work and I won't get to see your grinning face all day. Your Mom says I should take a picture of you to help get me through the day but that can't compare to the real thing. The way you smile and rush to the end of the crib when I open the door after your nap. How you're so impatient when I'm getting your food ready and then 'Mmmm' your way through it. Your concentration as you sort through your toy box or rearrange your blocks to some system only you are privy to.
I know that your daycare will look after you well while Mom and me are away at work. I know it's going to be good for you to spend time with other kids. It just pales in comparison to wanting to spend more time with you. To look after you. To play with you.
This sucks.
Ivan I love you so much.
Daddy
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We welcome your remarks.